Another possibility if you need a nice round hole is to find some
holes, cut them out with your cutting torch, cut a hole where you want
the nice hole, and weld in the nice hole. Something on the order of
how Ernie puts square holes in the anvils he makes.

This week I did something close. The school needed a handle for a
faucet. A normal faucet handle would not work as the stem is sunk in
so as to prevent Vandals and Goths from using a Crescent wrench. So I
bought a 1/4 inch drive socket at St. Vincent de Paul for $.15 and
silver brazed it onto a tee handle.

Dan

Leo Lichtman wrote:
wrote: (clip)This is to put on our tractor

tiller to
make it set back farther from the tractor tire.
Maybe you can avoid the drilling altogether. You say you want to

move the
tractor tiller back. This must mean that it is now bolted on through

some
1" holes that are too close. Why not cut the plate with the holes

off, and
weld in an extender plate?