The Question Asker

Default Fridges: weird "fast freeze" switch

cos I think the fridge you are talking about fails to work when the
difference between the inside and outside temperature is low, but must admit
18oC seems quite high :s. Quite alot of new fridges have this "problem" so i
suppose instead of your fridge defrosting the switch makes it work (probably
continuously)
"D.M. Procida" wrote in message
The instruction guide for our Bosch fridge tells us to press a certain
switch under two circumstances:

1: if the room temperature is below 18 degrees C
2: if we want to fast freeze stuff

What actually does this switch do? Why should the fridge need a switch
for different room temperatures? And why would the switch for having a
cold room (in which your fridge should need to work less hard) be the
same one for freezing stuff quickly (for which it should work harder)?

Daniele