Nick Silva

;-)
Well, you know that if you have to ask........

Mine is a Universal Laser Systems (ULS) 45 watt model.
You can see their various systems on their web site, but mine was
$26k 4 years ago. This same model is now at about $19k.
There are 'cheap' models available at $7k or so, but they are fairly limited
and very little power. However, it all boils down to what it is you want to
do. Mine is a commercial model and will run 24/7 without fail. This is by
far the single largest 'toy' I ever got for woodworking. Cheers!
-Nick

On 3/18/05 8:17 AM, in article
et, "Walt Conner"
wrote:

"I laser my maker's mark on, but that's because I have a laser engraver."

Now that's the way to do it! I would be interested in knowing about how much
one of these devices cost. I sometimes use a vibrating engraver, sometimes a
dremel type tool. Neither are ideal. I usually go over that with a small
permanet marker then urathane.

Walt Conner