Mike

"John" wrote in message
You seem to be on a crusade to convince people that all oil boilers smell
regardless of the truth. You can take a horse to water etc.............

And convince them to put oil boilers where they belong - outside or in an
outhouse.

If any of my customers with a room sealed boiler have a smell in the
locality of the boiler or elsewhere they pretty soon get on the telephone.

Oh come on. Some people will even put up with the smell of cigarettes and
so on. How do you expect them to notice the slight smell of an oil boiler ?

Modern boilers are designed NOT to smell and if installed correctly with

no
oil leaks they do not do so. Further a correctly adjusted and maintained

oil
boiler flue does not have an unpleasant smell anymore than a gas boiler
flue. If it smells unpleasant it is not running correctly and you should

get
someone who knows what they are doing to sort it out..

It is in an outhouse and was commissioned recently. I am quite confident it
is operating as intended.
It doesn't smell unpleasant, only the slightest trace, but to say it doesn't
smell at all would be as nonsensical as to say any other oil boiler doesn't.

Now please stop immitating IMM and accept you are wrong.