Charlie Self wrote:
Dave Hinz writes:
but lets for get all of that and say it was a big lie, nothing

but
political
Bull. are you saying that the liberation of a people from a

muderious
dictator, was a bad thing,

No, just that it wasn't worth one American soldier.

And how many of the worlds numerous murderous dictators would you

have
us overthrow next?

Well, let's make a list of ones who are known to have used WMD, and
start there.

Why don't we do something a shade more reasonable: list those who are

true, clear and present danger to the U.S., WMDs or no. Then whip

their
asses, after which it might be time to start trying to change the
behavior of the rest.

Being hard to whip pretty much goes hand-in-hand with being a true,
clear, and present danger to the US. For example, since the end of
the Korean War, the US has generally avoided even diplomatic action
against the PRC for fear it would escalate into something we didn't
want to take on. Consider that we renewed 'Most Favored Nation
Trading Status' with them, after certifying that they had an acceptable
human rights record, just after they massacred a couple of thousands
of peaceful portestors in Tiennamen Square. Though that probably
had more to do with the cheap labor they provide for American
companies to exploit than concern for reprisals.

Iraq was one of many troubled places in the world that needed to
be cleaned up. A courageous leader would use the facts to try
to convince his people to make the sacrifices needed to clean them
up. Or maybe he would decide that the time was not right. A
pucilinious wimp would simply lie to get what he wanted.

--

FF