Max

"Guy Castonguay" wrote in message
Anyone had a chance to use them? Which one would you recommend? I am
partially blind and a newbie at wood working and would appreciate your
feedback. Working without one is out of the question for the obvious
reason.

Regards

Guy Castonguay

I have three pieces of 1" by 2" steel tube I bought at a metal supply house.
One is 30", one is 50" and one is 100" long.
I clamp them to the plywood (or other sheet material) with quick grip
clamps.
From the edge of the guide to the saw blade is 1 and 7/16 inches. (that's
from the edge of the shoe to the blade) I just measure accordingly.
My son uses the same method but he bought aluminum instead of steel. It's
even better...... lighter. But it cost quite a bit more!!

Max