WillR

Mike Marlow wrote:

=20
This is where the distinction between hobbyist and production shop beco=

me
operative. For a large percentage of hobbyists, $100 for an hour or tw=

o of
work that is not so different from what they do every night for free, i=

s a
pretty good deal. For a production shop, it's a whole different issue.=

=20

Agreed

The
hobbyist will often feel he learned something from the exercise, or fee=

good about having done a paying job, or maybe expand his/her skills by
trying something they've never done before. =20

Agreed

But - the important point is,
the hobbyist is by definition, not in it for profit. He's in it for th=

e fun
of it. Any pay he receives is gravy to him. Losing proposition? Yeah=

,
maybe, by a measured standard, but if hobbyists were to measure their
profitability, we'd all have to quit our hobby.
=20

Agreed. Knitting it is. :-)

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw