rockhound

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 4:42:23 -0800, George wrote
(in message ):

Wait 'till the sun shines, Rockhound. Cherry warms up and produces a
wonderful almond-scented gas. Hope you're turning like a fiend, because
it's a shame to waste it. Stand your pieces on end and lay pieces of
plastic on top, weighted with shavings until you've got enough slabs from
trimming to use as covers. This should keep you a week or so without checks

interesting! i have not been aware of this almond gas but i will watch... err
smell for it now. yes im turning like a fiend when i can unfortunately i have
to keep my day job. thanks for the advice on preserving the wood. i have so
much that im sure some of it will end up going to waste. i heat my home with
wood so there is really no sutch thing as waste wood around here.

One of the state cross-country trails I use winds through an area which
burned in the 'thirties, and the volunteer cherry trees in the swales are
5-6' in diameter. I'd drool, but I'm sure they all have brown heart
anyway....

wow id like to see those trees. where is this trail?