George

"mac davis" wrote in message
I don't think this is a critical question, but it does sort of worry me...

Does anyone know of a downside for the lathe to have one end of the

stand/table
higher than the other?

My Jet mini usually sits level on the stand, but if I'm hollowing

something,
especially if it's small and deep, I've been putting a 4x4 under the tail

stock
end of the lathe so this ol' back bends less...

Could this hurt the lathe?

Maybe put a side load on the bearings or something?

Like spindle turning doesn't side load the bearings?

As long as the lathe is attached firmly to the stand, any stress is on the
stand, not the lathe.