Charles A. Sherwood

Default Putting Bridgeport head on clausing mill

I have seen several machines for sale that have fitted a Bridgport
head (MT2 spindle) as a conversion.

One machine was a clausing vertical mill with the bridgeport head.
Another was adding the bridgport head to a horizontal mill to
make a combo vertical/horizontal machine.

I already have a rockwell combo machine which uses a R8 spindle.
I'm wondering how the rockwell vertical head compares to the
bridgeport head? Does the bridgport head have more spindle
travel, better bearings or perhaps power down feed??

Inquiring minds want to know.
chuck