Caledonia

Default Assessment question

anita wrote:
OK folks, thanks for all the helpful info. We finally "MAY" be

getting the
house. I am not going to post all the details of what happened here-

just
yet. We plan to complain about it to the appropriate authority- if I

have
the energy to. I say "may" because we no longer know what our agent

is
capable of and at what stage this can be derailed. It helps that many

parties involved in the transaction have seen through the scheming of

this
agent so we are trying to do this by keeping him out of the picture

as much
as possible. still who knows- I have my finers crossed...

We are buying this house for a few thousand less than the assessed

value as
shown in the assessment records. But the assessed value of this house

is
still WAY over the assessed value of the immediate neighbours with

MUCH
bigger plots, more accesible, newer built and better maintained. I

dont
understand how our assesment could be so way off.

Are there any grounds for contesting this assessment ? Or do we have

just live with it- because by buying this house we have PROVED that

the
assessment is close to its market value. It does not seem fair that

this
property has such a high tax compared to its neighbours twice the

size of
the lot, and newer buildings, better maintained etc.,

BTW Its in King county, WA

Thanks
Anita

Have you checked out the township/town records regarding their
assessment basis? A two-second search on google turns up:

http://www.metrokc.gov/appeals/faqs.htm

Seems like a pretty codified process.

Caledonia