Mike wrote:
"John" wrote in message
Inside the house - just don't do it ! People who say modern
oil boilers don't smell have obviously been snorting white
spirit for years.

Get real!
If you have a smell from a modern oil boiler there is something

wrong with
your installation.

Installation is perfect - in an outbuilding. I guess you've just

got
acclimatised to the smell over the years but I can walk into any

house and
detect an oil boiler straight away. The smell gradually accumulates

and
there is nothing you can do to stop it.

We have an internal oil boiler in the kitchen. It's not particularly
modern (between 9 and 12 years old probably). We certainly can't smell
it now, and I don't think we ever could (it was in the house when we
moved in).

YMMV