Edwin Pawlowski

"Clemey" wrote in message
What are your opinions on the type of wood I should build this project
with? I planned on building the carcus/shelves out of birch plywood,
and the face frame and top with Pine lumber. Is this a reasonable
plan? Any other suggestions on wood choices? Is birch/pine too soft
for a kid's bookcase?

Thanks

Clemey

Pine will be just fine. HD sell some glued up wide stock that may even be
cheaper than pine boards if you need a wide shelf.

I forget where it is, but if you do a Google search for SAGULATOR you will
find a little program that will allow you to predict how much a shelf will
sag under weight.