Morris Dovey

Mike Marlow wrote:

At least one regular here took up the effort and took the
design to product in what I believe was roughly an hour's
time.

I do that with a lot of stuff as a "learning exercise". It helps
me to hit the ground running when customers walk in and ask: "Can
you..." Dazzles the hell out of 'em when I can say that their
latest nightmare will be ready by lunchtime. (-8

I'd be interested in how well Morris' product fit the design
specs provided. That's really the ultimate qualifier here.
I'm not interested in whether it lead to a re-design, just in
whether it met the spec. If it did, then Morris proved what
everyone else just talked about, and he proved it to be
different than what everyone else just talked about.

I don't have either the taper bit or the 3/16" ball mill (to get
rid of the sharp angle between walls and floor) on hand, but if I
have time today I'll cut his prototype mold with straight bits
and shoot a photo. It'll "sorta" resemble Andrew's drawing, but
won't be the "real deal".

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar