Charles Krug

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:29:07 GMT, Michael White
wrote:
Thanks for everyone's input. To address a few questions:

(good answers snipped)

Some things that were said that may have a high probability of me screwing
up:

- Contaminated polyurethane. I don't remember these bumps on the early
coats when the can was new, but I didn't really pay attention either.
Also, I did inadvertently leave the lid off for several hours.
- It might be dust. I'll clean up a little better this time and see if it
makes a difference.
- I may be working the polyurethane too much as stated by Mike Marlow.

In one of George Grotz's books, he states that for ANY varnish product
you need:

-A scrupulously cleaned room.

-A NEW can of varnish

-A NEW brush.

Every time I've done all three, I've gotten good results with anything
in the varnish family.

When I haven't, I've done a fair imitation of Jurassic Park what with
all the insects trapped in resin and all.