Larry Jaques

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:57:36 +0100, the inscrutable "P van
Rijckevorsel" spake:

wrote
I'll agree that you can't go wrong with LN or LV though, and the plane
will be useable or at most require a slight honing to the blade
right out of the box.

John Thomas schreef
I've also got the low-angle LV block. Bang-for-the buck, this one's a
no-brainer. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, and forgo the Stanley's.
"Only" ~$100, but you can make shavings with it right out of the box.
(get the chamfering attachment, if you go this route; it works really
well, and you'll learn all about reading grain. DAMHIKT.)

***
Belatedly, I'll support the LV low angle plane. Not sure if I am satisfied
with it (everytime I use it I want to redesign it), but it certainly does
the job better better than any other plane I ever used. Must be among my
three most used tools.

I don't think a Stanley 60 1/2 is useful for anything, not even as a door
stop.

Hey, I'm more easygoing and know what to do with those things. Send
those two ugly doorstops to me, please. Got my address?

P.S: Thanks in advance.

Please return Stewardess to her original upright position.
http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!