Many Woods

Just remember that the edge of the band saw blade, should be lined up with
outside edge of circle to be cut.

"WillR" wrote in message
william kossack wrote:
At one point I remember seening the plans for a jig to help cut blanks
round on a bandsaw. I've decided I'm a meserable failure at cutting them
round free hand.

Can anyone point me to some plans?

William:

Piece of plywood - smooth and square

Get two pieces of 1/8 metal or plastic 3/4 wide by say 12" long. (2nd one
can/should be longer) (Miter slot inserts)

Attach one miter slot insert so board sits in miter slot of bandsaw when
board is place on top.

Draw a line on top of board - mark with ruler. (This will be your
reference for the slot....

Cut a slot on top of plywood - 90 deg to slot on bottom. 3/8 X 3/4 By
width of plywood - or even longer. Make slot so left edge is even with
blade.

Now - put nail in (close to) left hand edge of top slider... Drive all the
way through. Mount slider with nail sticking up.

Place blank on jig. Center over the nail. Pound or push on - depending on
blank hardness.

Cut wood on bandsaw by spinning around nail.

That's what I did - used it for stool seat cut-outs etc.

There are lots of variations -- but that's how they all work. Spinning the
blank around a metal nail....

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek