chris French

In message , Mike
writes

"chris French" wrote in message

But it got me wondering as to what liabilities - if any, someone would
have this sort of situation if BRA was required?. Is there some sort of
open ended liability for things built without BRA (like there is for
listed building consents say)?

Not normally. There is a four year legal limit I believe and in fact a much
shorter time in practice. Thus the policy usually only has to cover the
cost of a solicitor to sort out the legalities and if necessary a
regularisation fee with the local authority.

Out of interest, how does regularisation work? Is it basically a case of
saying - ok it's been here all these, here we go. Or do they check if
something meets the regs first?
--
Chris French, Leeds