chris French

In message , Peter
Crosland writes
He is trying to cover your backside and his. It is now standard practice
after a solicitor and his client lost an expensive court case when the
client did not disclose various things he should have done. Realistically
you have little choice but to take the advice because most if not all
solicitors follow the same procedure.

I understand the principle of doing this - I've no issues with that
really, in fact we have already agreed to pay for an indemnity policy
regarding another matter, and the extra isn't that much really. It's
less than GBP200 and it really isn't worth potentially holding up our
sale (wife starts new job on May 2nd, we want moved ASAP.) And our
solicitor did say that it's something they have become more careful off
in the last few years.

And so far things have gone fine with the sale, got the asking price
quickly, I'm sure their survey would have given things to barter the
price down but they didn't try any of that, don't want to screw things
up over a small matter really.

It's just in this particular aspect AFAICS the carport doesn't have
building regs approval, because it is exempt from the requirements, so
there is no need for anything anyway.

This just led me on to wondering what liability if any people were open
to.
--
Chris French, Leeds