RemoGaggi

Default Troubleshooting Integrated Amp

I just got a used NAD 3155 Integrated Amplifier. It has a main in and a pre
out so it can also be used separately as a power amp or a preamp. When I
use it as an intergrated amp, there is no output. If I turn the volume to
max, I can hear the music very faintly. The same occurs when I plug in
some headphones in. But, when I use a separate preamp and use the NAD as
a power amp, it works fine. It appears to me that the problem is with the
preamp section of the unit. There is only one fuse in the unit and it is
fine. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what the problem might be?
Thanks.