David F. Eisan

Not at all. A little surface rust, and the iron is almost history; but
otherwise it looks good. Check the front of the mouth for wear. I
have a T11 #5-1/2C whose iron was worn shorter than your #8's. The
front of the mouth had become slightly concave from use. Not
necessarily a problem in a jack but maybe troublesome in a jointer.

There is a large pit just back of the knob, but way before the throat. I
have not checked for flatness yet, but I will lap it anyway. This will be a
good user jointer...

but it is all there, just needs a little, *ahem*, work. The blade is
a total write off, but I already picked up a new #8 Hock for under $20.

Double gloatin' are ye?

I was thinking about getting a new Hock chipbreaker, but this one looks in
better shape than I thought it would be.

David.