Art

I have Andersen and Pella too. I've had several leaky Andersen windows and
yes, they are under warranty but they are a pain in the neck to replace the
sashes. The vinyl clad yellows after a few years. The aluminum Pella clad
looks new longer. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Apparently no
one makes a perfect window yet.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Pella has a very inferior design, the bug issue is bad, the bugs that
will be on the screen at night here can be 20+ mosquitos. Opening the
screen just to close your door to lock up allows all bugs a perfect
opportunity to get in , and they do. I know just 1 mosquito will keep
me awake at night when I am trying to sleep. Imagine letting in a few
every night, soon your house is full of them.

The track clean issue is not true , in fact the opposite , an inside
track stays cleaner and the wheel bearings from blown dirt-water into
the bearings will make them wear faster. Water into the bottom of the
door will make Pella more maintenance prone. If you have drifting snow
or any buildup the door will be impossible to open in winter. On my
Anderson I leave the screen open in winter after forcing it open through
snow.

The wind issue is also misleading and false as Anderson has a as good
wind permeability rating. I have the windows facing South on a lake
where 30-50 mph winds are common and I never can test infiltration with
smoke.

CDF or condensation factor is also poor with Pella glass. I have new
Pella windows but Anderson doors, both dual pane low E Argon, the
Anderson never condense but all the Pellas do. Glass is a poorer in
design with Pella. Even Consumer Reports rates CDF and Pella did not
rate well, Anderson is better they never condense for me.

I checked both Anderson and Pella and bought the more expensive
Anderson, it was money well spent as there are to many drawbacks to
Pella doors. My original and true dislike was the bug issue, but I
found many more issues after having Anderson.