fred

In article , mike
writes
I need to wall mount a Plasma TV that weighs roughly 16kg into a breeze
block wall. Given the weight of the item would it be "unwise" to use
standard raw plugs and screws like I would use to put up a should or a
cabinet. Or should I be looking a something else?

Given the value of the item and the fact that breeze blocks are a bit soft I'd
be inclined to use something a bit meatier/longer.

Try hammer fixings:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp;?cId=101150
8x80 or 8x100 would be my choice, codes 17286 & 19356 respectively.
Don't buy these from B&Q as they are a real rip off there.
--
fred