David

Real? What's unreal about poly? I'm not a fan of applying slow drying
solvent based poly, but to suggest that poly's aren't real is quite a
stretch of the imagination.

Dave

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 04:39:20 GMT, Michael White

wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to put a polyurethane coat onto a bookcase I'm building. Since
it's a prototype, it's made out of cheap, soft pine. I've got it stained,
and I'm trying to put on the final coat of polyurethane. But I keep
getting small bumps about 1 mm in diameter in the polyurethane coat. If I
sand them down and put on another coat, they come back (although I'm not
sure if they're in the same spot).

Get a magnifying glass. I'm sure you'll find that they're bubbles
introduced by either the wrong brush or the wrong use of a good
brush. Why not try a REAL finish instead of poly next time?

Please return Stewardess to her original upright position.
http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!