Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Chris Hodges wrote:
If you can't get a strip of sandpaper or some wire wool behind the
pipe, I doubt you'll get the compression fitting on. :-)

True, but being confident you've got all the paint off without scoring
the surface too much is harder.

Yup - although the common occasion for getting paint off would be a
radiator feed pipe, and there's usually enough space there. In another
situation - if you'd suspected you'd scratched the pipe badly, I'd use a
solder fitting. Of course using a mirror etc to make sure no paint
remained.

--
*Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.