sofie

One of the big uses on my bench is when I service antique radio and am
troubleshooting the AVC circuits and/or doing and RF/IF alignment. The
VTVM with it's 10 meg load resistance and the analog meter scale is perfect
to determining peaks and nulls in signal strength or AVC voltage levels.
The tube circuitry AVC voltages are very high impedance and can be loaded
down very easily with most "standard" analog VOMs. Back in the days of
early servicing.... there were only two choices for bench meters..... a
"standard" VOM or a VTVM. Almost all benches of the day had BOTH.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"cnctut" wrote in message
ups.com...
I purchased a Olson VTVM at a sale recently for 50 cents--always wanted
one as a young teen. I have several digital VOM's--

Question: Any practical value of a VTVM on my tool bench over a
digital VOM?

Thanks

Tut