Seafarer

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:54:26 GMT, (Seafarer)
wrote:

I should know this but I'm not getting it at the moment,out of touch
since retirement I guess.It's my machine and,unbeknown to me my wife

[snip]
Just to wind this up,I stripped it down and found a transistor on the
inverter board that showed b/e s/c.This would be the problem in the hv
stage.Phoned up Panasonic and they said it was a common problem and as
I noticed the Transistor had no case markings I asked the type and for
a couple of replacements on my credit card.Panasonic said they would
not issue the transistor but would only issue a new inverter board at
160 pound plus vat! so there we have it,a microwave that costs 300
pounds and needs a transistor worth a few pounds is now useless.Take
my tip don't buy Panasonic.Regards