GrayBeardPhil

Juergen:

I am shocked that no one has recommended you check out the following:
http://www.circusworldmuseum.com/
and then click on the link for wagons on the top of the web page.

Baraboo, Wisconsin is I think about 60 to 80 minute drive from Madison
WI. The Web page will tell you if the museum is open when you are
in Madison and have free time. ASK YOUR HOSTs about visiting there!!!

Background: Baraboo, WI was the winter home of one of the Mid-West
traveling circus before automobiles. There is a historical society
that supports the museum. But the big draw for wood workers are the
carved circus wagons which are just beautiful (in the way gaudy circus
wagons should be). During the summer, there is a small one ring circus
they put on. The museum is a good slice of life from 1890's Mid-West.

As a woodworker, if you can appreciate carved wood and wooden wagons
you owe it to yourself to visit the circus world museum, and the wagon
display.

Phil

"Juergen Hannappel" wrote in message
Hello,
I will be traveling to Madison, Wisconsin by end of April, and would
like to visit some points of woodworking interest in that area. Can
anyone give me a hint of what not to miss?

Greetings,
Juergen
Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869
Physikalisches Institut der Uni Bonn Nussallee 12, D-53115 Bonn, Germany
CERN: Phone: +412276 76461 Fax: ..77930 Bat. 892-R-A13 CH-1211 Geneve 23