GerryG

For occasional matching, I'd go with those who suggested paying a pro shop to
handle it. Trying to match using various off-the-shelf stains is an exercise
in frustration. I've got a bunch of those cans, that I primarily use for the
colored pigment on the bottom. For the color I mix from a selection of dyes.
They dry quickly, and I have three different light sources to check the
result. But this is not something to invest in for one matching job.
GerryG

On 17 Mar 2005 07:27:01 -0800, "Mr Fixit eh" wrote:

I've been working for three weeks to get a perfect stain formula to
match my existing Oak kitchen cabinets. Because I'm building new
cabinets and trim to match the existing cabinets, the stain has to
match perfectly, or it'll stand out like a sore thumb.

snip
THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY?

Steve