Mr Fixit eh wrote:
I've been working for three weeks to get a perfect stain formula to
match my existing Oak kitchen cabinets. Because I'm building new
cabinets and trim to match the existing cabinets, the stain has to
match perfectly, or it'll stand out like a sore thumb.

THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY?

Steve

I had a Sherwin Williams paint store employee create a stain match for
me - they needed about a day, a sample of what I wanted to match (e.g.
a drawer from a dresser), and some scrap wood to test the stain on.
They did a great job and there was no charge for the matching - just
the regular cost of the stain. They took one of their stock stains and
added pigment to it.

Charles