Charlie Self wrote:
Dave Hinz responds:
Buried in the desert just when he needed them most?

Maybe. It's quick to find hidden things when you know where they're
hidden.

Shipped to Syria?

Maybe.

And, something too many people don't understand today, 'maybe'
presupposes 'maybe not' as well. I'm on the side of 'probably not'
since a lot of experienced people looked in a lot of places for a

long
time.

David Kay pointed out that finding the weapons could be extremely
hard so they looked for the factories instead. No factories, no
weapons.

I suppose some will argue that Sadam Husein buried the factories
out in the desert and killed all the people who designed and built
the factories (which would preclude a resumption of production,
and as we know, his WMD with the exception of mustard, were short-
lived) and all the people who worked in the factories and all the
people who buried the factories. The he killed all the people
that killed the other people.

That hypothesis may fall short of completely indisputibly,
impossible but it is surely a lot more improbable than the
obvious one, that Iraq did not resume WMD production and
Sadam Hussein was waiting for the sanctions to be lifted
befor doing so.

--

FF