M.J.

Cut out a circle in cardboard 6" diameter. Continue to make them but
increase each by one inch until you reach the swing of your lathe. stack
them on top of one another and then drive a nail through the centre. This
is how they are stored. Now take the appropriate size template for your
half log blank that is face down and tack the cardboard circle on the top of
the blank. cut out the blank following the edge of the carboard circle.
Not an exact science but close enough.................

--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr

"william kossack" wrote in message
At one point I remember seening the plans for a jig to help cut blanks
round on a bandsaw. I've decided I'm a meserable failure at cutting them
round free hand.

Can anyone point me to some plans?