Tim Killian

You will find the term "offsets" buried in the fine print of most
checking account agreements. It allows banks to transfer money, at their
discretion, from other accounts you might have with them to cover
deficiencies in a checking, credit card, or loan account. The only way
to prevent it is to have your accounts with separate banks.

Paypal is great for $5 eBay payments when everything goes right. It's a
black hole when something goes wrong and large amounts are involved. I
would never allow them access to any checking account.

jim rozen wrote:

I've also seen cases where the bank will 'cover' one account
with another, even though they were specifically told not to.
These days I'd be suprised if they would not do that, even if
the accounts were at two different banks!

Banks basically do whatever they want, they have your money.

Jim