James Walsh Jr.

I just donated a Lincoln Electric Lincwelder AC225 machine to the local
vocational school welding department along with some cabling. I received the
machine second hand from a local building contractor that had been using it
at least 10 years or more. I was using it right up to the time I donated it.
It worked fine.

All I ever did to it was take it apart and clean it inside and out. I used
some electrical contact spray cleaner on the amp selector switch on the
inside. I gave it a new coat of Lincoln Electric Red paint and it looked
brand new.

As long as the wiring inside looks serviceable, no cracked insulation or
broken connections, I think most machines should be okay. Caveat Emptor, do
some homework on the machine before purchasing. Look inside and out, and if
possible, see it in action.

Just my .02
Thanks,
James Walsh Jr.
http://www.jigsawcustoms.com

"mongke" wrote in message
news:1110943186.2d5de8d69c5563c28a89762af67e7330@t eranews...
Hi all

I've been looking around for an used welder. A certain guy advised me
against tombstone welders, stating that due to usage the amps selector is
often worn and unreliable. Since this guy works for a Miller distributor
his
opinion has to be biased but in fairness I have seen dozens of Lincolns at
second hand joints yet very rarely a Miller.
Any suggestions please?

--

Regards,

Mongke