Mikey S.

I've always used brass toilet bolts ( get them anyplace toilet parts are
sold) and never had a problem, they might come in stainless but those would
be tough to cut off at the toilet after you install them and even tougher to
get out later if you had to remove the toilet. So I suggest brass.
Change the Wax ring while you have the toilet off of course too.

Total investment for this job should be about $5

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Might be better to leave well enough alone"

I would just replace the nuts and washers with stainless steel, but the
toilet rocks, so presumably at least the one that fell into the hole
needs a new washer and nut. I figure as long as I'm buying parts I can
get enough for both sides so that they both look nice.

Can I even get toilet bolts in stainless steel or will I have to use
regular stainless steel bolt if I replace the bolts. I know toilet
bolts look different...