jim rozen

In article , Eric R Snow says...

Bob, have you ever had money withdrawn electronically without your
permission? I have. The bank said the company doing the withdrawals
just sends the proper info and the bank hands over the dough. Even if
you tell the bank that nobody but you has permission to make
electronic withdrawals. And if you set up another account just for
paypal for safety when paypal asks for more than what's in the account
the bank will charge you for being overdrawn even if they don't send
any money to paypal. Then you have to go through all the trouble of
getting paypal to tell the bank they made a mistake to protect your
credit and so you can be reimbursed for the overdraft fees.

I've also seen cases where the bank will 'cover' one account
with another, even though they were specifically told not to.
These days I'd be suprised if they would not do that, even if
the accounts were at two different banks!

Banks basically do whatever they want, they have your money.

Jim

please reply to: