RoyJ

And I can do all of those (except the copper) on my $5 Airco 225amp
Buzzbox at 10 times the inches per minute that you are getting. Proper
rod and proper technique works wonders.

Don't get me wrong, TIG is nice. We did this year's off road race car
using TIG rather than MIG. But the weld time for this year's frame was
about 20 hours rather than the 2 hours of MIG time last year.

You guys remind me of the fellow that thinks everyone should buy a BMW
because he has one and they are nice cars. And neglect to mention 6x on
price and 3x on the repairs. (See the NG string on "Oops!")

Emmo wrote:
everyday projects like bumpers and trailer hitches

Everybody has different goals. My everyday projects are furniture, plant
stands, brackets, fountains, rolling ball machines, mobiles, wind chimes,
and metal sculpture in mild steel, copper, and stainless. For these, TIG is
great !