Mike

"Tim Smith" wrote in message
I spent several hours last weekend trying to chip away at a concrete
footing
for a fence post with a hammer and cold chisel I decided that I fancy a
new toy.

Given that I usually buy tools at the cheaper end of the range am I
realistic in thinking that some form of SDS drill (with rotary stop I
guess)
would assist me in finishing this job or am I barking up the wrong tree

?

Thanks
Tim

One of the cheap 5kg ones should manage it. Don't buy anything lighter as
it will overheat.
I have one of the B&Q ones for demolition work to save wear and tear on my
DeWalt which I keep for 'constructive' work and it's been okay for this sort
of work.