Ash

"Tim Smith" wrote in message
Hi

I was reading with interest the thread about cheap SDS drills.

I spent several hours last weekend trying to chip away at a concrete
footing
for a fence post with a hammer and cold chisel I decided that I fancy a
new
toy.

Given that I usually buy tools at the cheaper end of the range am I
realistic in thinking that some form of SDS drill (with rotary stop I
guess)
would assist me in finishing this job or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

Thanks

Tim

A few months back when I needed to drill about 20 holes into a concrete slab
for some expanding bolts, I bought an SDS drill from screwfix for £30.00 and
a set of bits for about £15.00. It may have been a bit cheaper to hire the
drill, but at the end of the job I get to keep the one I bought. It did make
very light work of the whole job and would have been so much easier than
using an ordinary drill.

Ash