Stuart Noble

"Peter Saffrey" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for your replies. My bead is one long piece. I'm not sure what
you mean about using a big chisel - it's wedged under the seal and I
don't think I could use a chisel without cutting off the thin ridged
strip that's trapped under there..

Not sure what you mean by the bead being one piece. It's 4 pieces, mitred
at
the corners, and you remove it from the inside. There is a fine crack
between the bead (the 45 deg piece) aand the flat part of the door that
you
can usually get a thin blade, like a paint scraper, into, but you can get
more leverage with a chisel. It's a snap fit and takes quite a lot of
force
to get the first bit out. You may need to push the panel quite hard at the
same time.

I can also see that once I get it out, it's going to be a huge pain
getting it back in again.

I think it gets more difficult as the plastic ages and becomes more
brittle.