David W.E. Roberts

"brugnospamsia" wrote in message
k...
snip
If there is current, the (confirmed O.K.) bulb won't light and there is

dimmer in the circuit then the first logical conclusion is that the

dimmer
is being a little too effective.

snip
The most likely thing to have failed is the horrible slider pot - can you
prise off the foot operated bit to see it's properly engaged ?

If it IS engaged the pot probably needs replacing - should only cost a
quid - though you might try WD40 first

Has anyone managed to take one of these apart?

At the moment I have a working reading lamp.

My training course notes on "Sods Law - domestic applications" suggest that
if I try to disassemble the switch I will have a fully functional lamp
standard with a broken switch box.

I suppose I could always replace the existing box with a simple double light
switch in a surface mount box but this might be a little unsightly.

Thinking about it, a double push/rotate dimmer switch would replace the
slider box, although you would lose the ability to regulate it with your
foot (unless barefoot and very prehensile).

But can you get it in black, dahling??

Cheers
Dave R