AutoTracer

By trailer do you mean a mobile home (semi perminantly parked at a park) or
a towable 30"-40" trailer with a hitch and exposed wheels. 12"x13" sounds
like a single wide mobile home, is it?

You got to be consciencious of how the wind will travel under trailer when
towed but not so much on a mobile home which rarely gets moved.
Construction is significantly different to.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've done an assortment of things in my life. But this is a new one on me.
I've been asked to estimate (and possibly do) a floor tear out, for a
trailer bedroom.

There was a water leak, which is the subject of another post.

The bedroom is about 12' 6" by 13', some closet along the wall. But she
doesn't much like the closet. She'd rather have a long closet, with
accordian fold door.

So, the project is to tear out the floor, and put down a sheet of

whatever.
I'm thinking 3/4 or 5/8 T and G is probably standard for this kind of

thing.
There is a section of floor maybe 6 by 6 which is just about ready to fall
through.

Beams run side to side across the trailer, and on 24 inch centers.

She'd like "some of that fireproof insulation", which I read to be
fiberglass batts.

She'd like some kind of decorative hardwood lay on top of this, and not

sure
that's my department. And maybe carpet, which is definitely not my
department.

OK, folks, what advice can you give me? How to estimate? Any tips to make
the job go easier (things like "cut a chunk of plywood about 3 foot

square,
and use it for a platform to kneel on" kind of thing. Is there any
experience out there, in terms of estimating the labor involved?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus