DIY Novice

Default Trying to get a silver-black finish on a newly stripped cast-iron fireplace

As I've mentioned in a previous post I've stripped some fireplaces and
underneath the layers of paint they're a rather attractive
silver-black colour.

I'd like to put something on to protect them (preferably not
paint)which would ideally give a shiny finish but keep the
silver-black colour.

I've tried my local fireplace shop and they recommended Stovax
Traditional Graphite Black Grate Polish which I tried on a small
section but it seems to give a very black finish.

I've seen Zebo mentioned elsewhere but that is also described as Black
Grate Polish.

Any suggestions?