Harry Bloomfield

Jitu Patel formulated on Wednesday :
I have a problem with my washing machine(Hotpoint). The drum does not spin
during the wash cycle. I can manually spin it so it doesn't look like there
is any blockage. Any ideas as to what to look for would be much appeciated.

The motor is probably turning, but the drive belt is either broken
(most likely) or adrift (less likely).

Check by listening to the drum as you turn it. If it sounds as if it is
driving something else at a much higher speed and there is some
resistance, that will be the motor you can hear turning as well (belt
OK).

If it turns quite freely and no faster noise, the belt is broken.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)