Sam Goldwasser

"SA Development" writes:

Hi,

I have a computer monitor that is mounted almost on its back, but at a
slight 15 degree angle. It is in an arcade cabinet. The built in
degaussing circuit does a pretty good job, but there is still an impurity in
the red in the lower left corner and in green along the right edge. I used
a degaussing coil which reduced the impurity, but after turning the monitor
off and on which activates its internal degaussing coil, it seems to make
the impurity worse. Is this normal? Could it be something with the way
they have the internal coil routed around the tube? Is there another
adjustment for changing the monitor's orientation this much I should look
at?

While something mangetic in the vicinity is the most likely cause as
suggested in another posting, note that monitors are adjusted assumgint
they will be used in the normal orientation. When tilted as far as
you have it, the Earth's magnetic field direction is significantly
different than normal.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.