Edwin Pawlowski

"Ray" wrote in message
news:CaNZd.11559$ju.2895@okepread07...
I temporarily set up some 4 foot 2 lamp flourescent lights in a workshop
that I'm building in my backyard. This evening temp was about 60 and one
light did not want to come one. Yesterday the temp was a bit warmer and I
did not have any trouble. I've heard that these lights do not work very
well when the temperature drops below 50 degress F.

Newer lights are good down to about 0 degrees. I bought a couple of cheap
ones and they work fine in my unheated garage. As the temperature comes up,
they do get a little brighter. You can get them as cheap at $15 a fixture.