dadiOH

Jmagerl wrote:
THe previous owner of my house made a patio out of new bricks. 10
years later they are all broken. Every Spring a little more of the
bricks surface turns to chips. Looks like heck. I wouldnt recommend
using bricks.

These will be in Florida, no freeze/thaw cycles.

Bricks - in one form or another - have been used for 1000s of years.
Many still survive. Don't know when bricks in the current form came
into useage but my grandmother's family's house was built (in Indiana)
in 1830. Has brick walls close to three feet thick, still survives.

Tens of thousands of miles of American streets were paved with brick.
Again, I don't know when that started but certainly there are many well
over 100 years old. And they are still in great shape...except where
utility companies dig up a section to get to their wires and pipes and
didn't put them back well. Unfortunately, most heve been asphalted
over.

I would much prefer to use nice Brazil or Purrington brick pavers...they
are made from a different mix, fired harder, are thicker, smoother and
most have rounded edges. However, they ain't cheap and the common
bricks I have access to are (free). They will do fine in Florida...as I
said, no freeze/thaw and there will be light use. Plus, I'm almost 72
so I don't care a whole lot if they don't last to the next century

Thanks to all who replied, you have been helpful.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...