Bob Urz

Ray wrote:
I temporarily set up some 4 foot 2 lamp flourescent lights in a workshop
that I'm building in my backyard. This evening temp was about 60 and one
light did not want to come one. Yesterday the temp was a bit warmer and I
did not have any trouble. I've heard that these lights do not work very
well when the temperature drops below 50 degress F.

I live in South Louisiana and the temps in the winter are known to get in
the 20's and 30's on occasion. I don't want to worry about lights not coming
on when I would like to be in the shop tinkering during the slow winter
months.

What other type lights besides incandescent is recommended. I do not want
to pay an arm and a let either.

Please advise...
Thanks,

I have VHO's in my garage and they work fine when its cold.
They cost more, but they work.

Bob