Harry Bloomfield

Ronnie Gibson wrote on 16/03/2005 :
I know that if you put a fridge on it's back for transportation you're
supposed to leave it for 48 hours before turning it on (to let the coolant
settle or something). What I want to know is whether I can tip it, say 20-30
degrees, and plug it in again immediately without any problems.

Lifting the whole thing up to keep it horizontol is something I'd prefer to
avoid - it's heavy.

I asked this question long ago and the answer seems to be that it is a
function of both angle and time that it is tilted for. I would not be
worried by such a small angle of tilt anyway....

For example.... Caravan fridges are often running and in use whilst
being transported. These types of fridges work on exactly the same
principle as domestic fridges, they are just just smaller.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)