Sam Goldwasser

(Seafarer) writes:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:54:26 GMT,
(Seafarer)
wrote:

I should know this but I'm not getting it at the moment,out of touch
since retirement I guess.It's my machine and,unbeknown to me my wife
decided to degrease the microwave[it had been unplugged for a week and
I was golfing} On return I swiched it on and it fired up,trying a
glass of water made it fail completely,no display nothing.I tested the
250v 10A fuse in it read ok in and out of circuit.On a hunch it may be
breaking down under load I replaced it with a 250v 6.3A fuse[I had no
10A since I sold my stock]Up came the display.I tested the grill it
worked fine so it's only the Micro.Jusat to track it I tried the micro
with the 6.3A fuse and watched it flash[well it would]Thought I'd ask
whilst I await the 10A fuses in case I've missed something.Can't be
the TX as it works with grill.If not fuse guess it may be a hv
diode.Cheers

Just as an upgrade,replaced fuse,grill,convection works,start
microwave and power is cut and fuse fails and also the wall socket
fuse blows tripping the power cutouts.
Stripped most down,diode checks ok,no 4v coming to filement wires and
mag fil leads and mag check is ok.
I did notice well hidden three IC componants close to diodes but I
could get to them today.I'll stip her down fully tomorrow and hope one
of these is shorted,if not its on to the cappie.Regards

HV capacitor, magnetron failing at HV, HV transformer short, etc.

Will it run with HV transformer disconnected from HV cap and magnetron?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.